Welcome to the Urban Legal Network (ULN)!
ULN aims to become a leading global Network that promotes the exchange of urban legal knowledge in the field of urban development. ULN will be a global focal point for:
- Urban legal knowledge and idea exchange,
- Urban legislation best practice and tools, and,
- Urban legal partnerships and experts in the urban legislation field.
The Network is based on the belief that good urban legal knowledge and robust urban legislation are fundamental for developing innovative, inclusive and productive cities. Importantly, good urban legislation is vital for improving the lives of everyday people within cities and is thus fundamental to urban planning and development initiatives.
If decision makers, planners, organizations and citizens in cities have access to this knowledge in one spot, they can use and adapt this information to strengthen their specific urban contexts.
The ULN Forum
The ULN forum is a way to gauge what key aspects of urban law interest you. By participating, you help us know which urban law areas and issues are most important for you and what we might need to consider.
The ULN Forum Themes include:
- General principles governing urban law
- Property law and tenure
- Governance (Administrative Law)
- Housing and Buildings regulations
- Infrastructure and basic services
- Municipal taxation, finance and economic development
- Environment, natural and cultural resources
- Urban resilience and post disaster recovery